PROBLEM: How many elements are there in sea
Use the periodic table and determine which
elements are in sea water by answering the questions below.
1. Which form are elements found in marine water? (Clue: Molecule or
ion.... what is the difference?)
2. List the elements that are major components of seawater?
3. List the minor components of seawater?
4. List the dissolved gases in seawater? (There is an error on the
graph? Clue: one of the major gases dissolved is not shown, can you
guess which one it may be if it is needed for living organisms?)
5. How does the marine water get so many elements dissolved in it?
6. What is the difference between fresh water and marine water?
7. Which two elements make up the majority of marine water?