SCIENCE STANDARDS1. Students should be able to list the four states of matter: solid, liquid, gas, and plasma.
2. Students should be able to recognize that the periodic table lists elements.
3. Students should be able to recognize that elements are the ingredients of minerals.
4. Students should become familiar with the diversity of minerals.
5. Students should begin to understand that minerals make up rocks.
6. Students should observe the characteristics of different rocks.
7. Students should be able to analyze data from dinosaur remains.
8. Students should recognize that tracks of animals can provide information on that animal.
OVERVIEW OF FIRST GRADE
[Back to Rock Cycle Grid]