Math Science Nucleus Field Trips
SOLAR SYSTEM AND BEYOND
California Science Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
Solar System and Beyond (1-5) A look at how the solar system was created and what we know about the planets and beyond. Classes are leveled to the specific grade. Limit: Limit: 2 classes, 64 student
The following are activities students will do
1. Look at surface of planets.
2. Compare earth rocks to tekites.
3. Compare surface of moon to volcanoes and impact features
4. Make a moon bookmark from original Apollo prints from 1967. (Students get to take)
5. Learn about phases of the Moon.
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
Standards arranged by Disciplinary Core Ideas. Codes in parenthesis represent Performance Standards. For more detailed information visit http://www.nextgenscience.org/next-generation-science-standards
ESS1.A: The Universe and its Stars
Patterns of the motion of the sun, moon, and stars in the sky can be observed, described, and predicted. (1-ESS1-1)
5. Space Systems: Stars and Solar System
5-ESS1-1 Support an argument that differences in the apparent brightness of the sun compared to other stars is sue to their relative distances from Earth
Ca Science Standards
First Grade: Investigation (4a,e)
Third Grade: Earth Science (4a,b,c,d,e)
Fifth Grade: Earth Science 4(a, b, c)