Can you get information from a globe of the Earth’s surface?
MATERIALS: inflatable world globe
PROCEDURE: Look at the globe and answer the following questions. Discuss the answers with your partner.
1. Is there more land or water on the Earth’s surface?
2. How many oceans are there? __________________ Name them.
3. How many seas are there? ______________ Name them.
4. How many continents are there? ____________________ Name them.
5. Which continent has the most mountains?
6. Which continent has the most ice?
7. Which continent has the most tropical forests and jungles?
8. Which ocean has the most islands?
CONCLUSION: Are globes good places to get information about the Earth’s surface?