4 week unit
1. Students should know the water cycle.
2. Students should understand the results of
3. Students should understand why ice floats.
4. Students should be able to compare the
properties of salt and fresh water.
5. Students should be able to understand ions.
6. Students should understand ions.
7. Students should have an
understanding of how wind is created.
8. Students should recognize
9. Student should recognize cool
and warm air masses.
10. Students should recognize that different
fronts create weather.
11. Students should be able to read weather maps.
12. Students should recognize the different
between weather and climate.
OVERVIEW OF FOURTH GRADE
PRE: Comparing different reservoirs of water.
LAB: Experimenting with surface tension and capillary action.
POST: Discovering why icebergs float.
PRE: Comparing fresh and salt water.
LAB: Discovering that salt water is an electrolyte.
POST: Distinguishing bodies of salt water.
PRE: Discovering the affect of air pressure.
LAB: Comparing how substances heat up.
POST: Exploring how wind is created.
PRE: Exploring different weather fronts.
LAB: Comparing satellite photos and weather maps.
POST: Discovering weather and climate patterns of California.
to Water Cycle Grid]