4 week unit
1. Students should understand evaporation and
2. Students should recognize the water cycle.
3. Students should recognize a difference between
fresh and salt water.
4. Students should begin to
5. Students should recognize the
atmosphere is made of air.
6. Students should begin
understanding that air is matter.
7. Students should begin to
8. Students should know that a thermometer records
9. Students should begin to recognize different
types of weather.
OVERVIEW OF FIRST GRADE
PRE: Investigating the water cycle.
LAB: Experiencing surface tension.}
POST: Discovering how water is used by
PRE: Discovering bodies of fresh and salt water.
LAB: Dissolving salt in water.
POST: Exploring how the oceans became salty.
PRE: Discovering that air is all around us.
LAB: Experimenting with air.
POST: Demonstrating the movement of air.
PRE: Comparing hot and cold.
LAB: Discovering how to use a thermometer.
POST: Understanding that the weather changes everywhere.
to Water Cycle Grid]