1. Students should know the difference between
vertebrates and vertebrates.
2. Students should be able to compare organisms on land with organisms
in the oceans.
3. Students should recognize different arthropods.
4. Students should be able to compare the different human organs.
5. Students should be able to recognize the different human sense
6. Students should begin recognizing the different systems of the human
7. Students should recognize components of plant growth.
8. Students should begin to understand how plants reproduce.
9. Students should understand the basic parts of plants.
10. Students should understand the importance of plants.
11. Students should recognize that organisms live in biomes.
12. Students should begin to recognize different biomes.
13. Students should understand how organisms obtain food.
14. Students should be able to compare herbivores and carnivores.
15. Students should be able to begin analyzing natural environments.
OVERVIEW OF THIRD
PRE: Comparing and contrasting invertebrates and vertebrates.
LAB: Learning about different marine invertebrates.
POST: Exploring where marine invertebrates live.
PRE: Comparing marine and terrestrial invertebrates.
LAB: Classifying different types of arthropods.
POST: Investigating metamorphosis.
PRE: Comparing human organ
LAB: Exploring external signs of internal systems.
POST: Analyzing components of the respiratory system.
PRE: Comparing the different sensory organs.
LAB: Analyzing how we taste.
POST: Investigating the digestive system.
PRE: Investigating requirements of growth.
LAB: Designing an experiment testing two variables.
POST: Comparing how plants reproduce.
PRE: Exploring plant characteristics.
LAB: Comparing cellulose from different plant products.
POST: Investigating the importance of plants.
PRE: Comparing the world's biomes.
LAB: Comparing locations of plant and animal biomes.
POST: Identifying the local vegetative biome.
PRE: Comparing how organisms obtain food.
LAB: Comparing herbivores and carnivores.
POST: Analyzing the importance of natural environments.