1. A solution is saturated when ________________________.
2. The periodic table of the elements is useful because ____________ .
3. Which is not on the periodic table?
4. Electroplating requires:
5. A mineral feels very heavy in your hand compared to an equal volume of water. You are feeling the __________________.
6. Galena is composed of a compound that includes the elements lead and sulfur. What uses do you think galena may have?
7. Quartz is the most abundant mineral on Earth. It is composed of two elements called ________________.
8. List three uses of minerals and rocks in our society:
9. Joe the prospector found a substance that had many useful minerals in it. This substance is called a(n) ________________.
10. The rock cycle relies on the movement of _______________.
11. The study of stratigraphy looks at _______________.
12. Correlate the fossil layer found in these cores.
13. Cement can bind substances together better than adhesives or glues. Explain why?
14. Below is a diagram of the Earth showing converging and diverging plates. Write in where you think sedimentary, metamorphic and igneous rocks are formed?
ANSWERS: 1.(B); 2.(C); 3(D); 4.(D); 5(A); 6. (B); 7.(C); 8. GEMS, MATERIALS, CEMENT INDUSTRY, GLASS INDUSTRY, BUILDING, and other uses are acceptable depending on what the teacher emphasized; 9.(A); 10.(B); 11.(D);
[Back to Rock Cycle Grid]