1. Predict the length of the following figures without a ruler. Use metric units.
2. Define the unit cell in the pattern below.
3. Which of the following have bilateral symmetry. (Bilateral = one side looks like the other side.)
4. Which is not a form of energy:
5. Computer chips are made of:
Use the following words to describe the simple machines below: lever, wheel and axle, pulley, gear, wedge
11. Write a sentence or two of how energy is used in our everyday lives.
1. A - answer should be between 3-5 cm. B - answer should be between 1-3 cm. C - answer should be between 6-8 cm. 2. diamond shaped or rectangle; 3.(A,C); 4.(C); 5.(B); 6. wheel and axle; 7. lever; 8. gear; 9. wedge; 10. pulley
[Back to Applied Science Grid]