SAN ANDREAS FAULT, NEAR HALF MOON BAY, CALIFORNIA
1. Color the areas that are primarily made of serpentinite. Color them blue.
2. Color the areas that are primarily granitic and sedimentary. Color them red.
3. Serpentinite is made of which minerals?
4. Granite is made of which minerals?
5. List the elements that are available in serpentinite soil.
6. List the elements that are available in granitic soil.
7. Which elements are only in granitic soil?
8. Do you think there are enough differences in the soil to cause such a difference on the surface vegetation? Explain.